Ewan The Dream Sheep - Plays real heartbeat and womb sounds
or make 4 interest-free payments of $16.24 AUD fortnightly with More info
Availability: In stock
FEATURES OF EWAN THE DREAM SHEEP
- Plays 4 Different Soothing Sounds - includes heartbeat and womb, heartbeat and vacuum cleaner, heartbeat and harp music and also heartbeat and rain.
- Sounds Play for 20 Minutes - all of the sounds are recorded at the low base frequency the baby can predominantly hear when in the womb.
- Soft Pink Comforting Glow - Used to recreate the soft pink glow from the womb and also doubles as a nightlight for older babies and toddlers. Can be turned on or if if needed.
- Velcro Tail - You can attach Ewan to the cot, buggy or carseat with his fluffy Velcro tail. SIDS recommends babies 7 months or younger sleep with no soft toys in their sleep space.
- Powered by 3 x AAA batteries (not included)
WHY DOES EWAN WORK SO WELL?
Most babies spent 9 months in the womb, which is nice and cosy and comfortable. Then one day they get thrust into the real world. That would be an overwhelming change for anybody!
Paediatric research has proven that womb and heartbeat sounds are extremely effective at helping reduce colic induced pain, as they remind your baby of the natural soothing environment of the womb. This ‘womb experience’ helps trigger a calming reflex, so reducing crying time and inducing quality sleep.
Ewan’s four different calming pink sounds play for 20 minutes and are all are combined with 'resting heartbeat' in the background, to provide extra reassurance.
Although Ewan is designed to be used from birth he also has success as a sleep companion with older babies and toddlers.
HOW EWAN THE DREAM SHEEP WAS BORN
Ewan the Sheep was the creation of UK mum Lynda, whose 6th child Bradley, (yes 6th) was a problem sleeper. He cried constantly and it was a nightly struggle to settle him to sleep and that struggle went on until he was two and a half years old!
She tried every trick in the book and found the vacuum cleaner worked best to settle him while she rocked him to sleep in his cot, but who wants to sit there with the vacuum running at 2am! So she sought to find a solution at the shops, but to no avail.
EWAN TOOK 7 YEARS OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Lynda was determined to invent a range of products that would not only help soothe restless babies and toddlers, but also promote the formation of a healthy sleep pattern, so everyone could benefit from a good night’s rest.
So for the next few years she researched and drew on expertise from sleep experts, universities and medical professionals. She also consulted the baby care industry, product design teams and most importantly, parents with young babies. After 7 years Ewan the Dream Sheep was born.
EWAN THE DREAM SHEEP'S AWARDS
- Mother & Baby Award 2014 - Product for a newborn - GOLD
- BPA Banta Award Shortlisted Finalist 2012
- Practical Parenting and Pregnancy Gold Award: Best Newborn Toy 2011/2012
- Winner Gift of the Year 2011- Gift Fair Association
- Right Start 2010 - Best Toy Award - GOLD
TIPS ON HOW TO GET EWAN TO WORK FOR YOUR BABY
- Wear your Ewan the Sheep for a few hours once you receive it. This may seem silly but this will help engrain your scent onto Ewan which will make him more familiar to your baby.
- Introduce him slowly. Once you have worn Ewan in take your time to introduce him to your baby. Start to bring him into your routine just before bedtime. Once you are finished your night time feed start the music and give your baby a cuddle with Ewan close by. This will help your baby starts to associate him as a positive sleep cue.
Does Ewan work on all babies and toddlers?
Unfortunately Ewan will not work on every baby but from our feedback 85-90% have positive results when he is introduced.
How long do the batteries last?
In the first few months when you are using your Ewan the Dream Sheep often, batteries will last between 2-4 weeks. As your baby gets older and wakes less during the night and has less day sleeps you will find the batteries will last much longer. High quality alkaline batteries are recommended for better performance.
My Ewan is not playing for the full 20 minutes?
First check the sound box inside Ewan to check that the setting is on normal and not demo. If it is on normal mode then we recommend replacing the batteries. If that still doesn't fix the problem try a second set of batteries out of a brand new packet just to make sure the batteries aren't faulty.
How do I turn the music off?
To turn the music off you need to hold one of buttons on Ewan's feet for 3-5 seconds until the sound turns off.
How do I wash Ewan?
Please do not put Ewan in the washing machine as you will break his electronics. To clean please pull out the control pod from his tummy and wrap in a plastic bag to help protect it from splashes of water. While it is still out of his body, gently sponge clean Ewan with a minimum amount of warm soapy water and leave to dry. Pay special care when sponging off the area around the light at the front of Ewan. When Ewan is completely dry, take the plastic bag off the control pod and replace it back inside his tummy.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
At CoziGo, customer satisfaction is our top priority and we want you to buy with confidence. If you are still not completely satisfied with any of our products, please contact us before returning your order within 14 days from shipping date and we will be happy to honour an exchange or refund, excluding shipping costs. To receive your refund, the original receipt must be included and the item must be in re-saleable condition, unused and in original packaging. If you have an item that is not in ‘as new’ condition, please contact us prior to returning the goods. We recommend that all returns are sent via a traceable form of postage or shipping as we cannot be responsible for return packages lost in the mail. CoziGo is designed to fit most airline bassinets. There are a number of old aircraft that carry bassinets that are not appropriate to use with CoziGO. If you are unlucky enough to get a bassinet that CoziGo doesn't fit, take a photo of it and return the unit in unused condition and we will offer a full refund. We do not provide a refund for refusal of use - please research your airlines policies on the use of comfort aids.
- Although postage costs somewhere between $10 and $18 per item, CoziGo is happy to announce FREE Shipping for orders over $80. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we want you to buy with confidence. If you are not completely satisfied with any of our products, please contact us before returning your order within 14 days from shipping date and we will be happy to honour an exchange or refund, excluding any shipping costs.
To receive your refund, the original receipt must be included and the item must be in re-saleable condition, unused and in original packaging. If you have an item that is not in ‘as new’ condition, please contact us prior to returning the goods. We recommend that all returns are sent via a traceable form of postage or shipping as we cannot be responsible for return packages lost in the mail.
DAMAGED OR FAULTY ITEMS
If you receive an item which is damaged we will replace or refund it.
Please contact us with details of the problem prior and return the damaged item within 14 days of receipt. Once your return has been processed you will receive an email to the address you gave at the time of ordering, notifying you that you have been refunded. Please allow up to 14 days for your refund to be processed.